Friday, July 24, 2009

Pee-pee in the potty!

We Did It!!! Ashley has conquered the potty before turning two! This last week I decided to start experimenting with her, as she has been showing signs of being ready for the potty for some time now. We have been assisting her with passing her #2's for almost a month now, and felt that it was time to rock'n'roll. I started Monday by putting her in panties, and taking her to the bathroom almost every halfhour to sit on the toilet and try to go pee. She caught on very quickly, though we had a few accidents... but that was the point. I figured if she could feel the discomfort, it might help her along in the process. Indeed, it did. We went the next few days testing the panties out, but putting her in a diaper or training pants for naptime and bedtime. She came out of every nap dry, but a little wet in the morning, This weekend has been even more awesome! Ash has even taken it upon herself to run to the potty and go without any help.
I couldn't be more proud, and am looking forward to a huge savings in our checkbooks! Those diapers were starting to add up!!! Pray that she continues on this wonderful path into big girl potty land! We will keep you updated in her progress. ;-)

No comments: