Thursday, July 30, 2009

Kayak Trip on Reeds Lake 7/4/09



I was surprised with one of the best birthday's ever this year! Rob and Brendan planned a kayaking trip on Reeds Lake in East G.R. for me, and managed to keep it top secret. I give Brendan big props for not leaking! They left that morning to take Ashley over to Nana and Papa's, leaving me unkown to what our plans were... so I got all dressed up, even putting a spritz of perfume on! Only to see them pull up in Bob's truck with 3 kayak's in back. I was so excited, and quickly ran to my closet to change into something more appropriate for the lake.



Fortunately, parking wasn't too chaotic and we were able to drop off the kayaks at the loading spot quickly. The day was perfect for spending a couple hours on the water. It started off cool and cloudy, with a couple sprinkles early on. We were having too much fun to even notice though! It was really cool seeing all the homes on the waterfront. Ahh, the life of luxury!




Brendan was in la-la land. He had a great time, playing some bumper kayaks with Rob.. which you'll see on the video clip at the end. We were so pumped that he made the whole trip without any help, even beating us back to the loading area in a race at the end! I see a star athlete in our future. ;-)




My little man. I couldn't be more thankful for the thoughtfulness these two put into this special day for me. I felt so loved!




I am B-man hear me ROAR!!!











No comments: